Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Study:.24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Peace,

  I am led to do a study from the book of Matthew. Let's look at Matthew 19:23,2423 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

                                                                         



Jesus speaking to HIS disciples said, "Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven." 

What did Jesus mean by rich man? Let's look at verse 21 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

What riches was Jesus speaking of with this rich young man? Verse 2222 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Are we willing to give up our possessions to follow Jesus? Are we willing to let go of all earthly possessions so we can have our treasure in heaven? 

What did Jesus mean by treasures? Let's look at Matthew 6:19-2019 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.



Jesus was speaking of treasures on earth, "where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal." These treasures folks can be destroyed, can be stolen and  are worthless in heaven. 

I have posted this before but will add it as I am being led. I heard the still small voice say to me back in 2009 "sell your house" for two weeks my husband and I prayed for an answer and again I heard, " sell you house" So, that day it went on the market and we sold it. But before the house sold we were told, "sell your possessions" I heard this very clear and knew it was my Father's voice. So, we had a big sale for three days and we sold almost all of our "treasures." Somethings did not sell but they were not items of wealth. I am still moved by that experience and miss none of the "treasures" we had stored. I was greatly humbled by the experience and learned a lot from it. I realized  my "treasure" was not here on this earth.  Thank you Jesus.


Let's move on to verse 24 . 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus said, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

When looking at the verse above we know the rich young man told Jesus he kept all of the commandments and was good. Jesus said to him, "to be perfect sell your possessions and follow me." This young rich man walked away sorrowful. If he was to follow Jesus he would have to get rid of his "treasures" and his heart was in those "treasures." 

Are we just like the young rich man? This is not just about money. Jesus spoke of material things as well. He spoke of things where, "moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break in and steal." 

Folks,  though we believe we keep God's commands and are "good" though none are good for all have fallen short of the glory of God. We have to ask ourselves where is our "treasure"?  21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Let me end with this... Though it may be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus also said. Matthew 19:25,2625 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

In HIM with love,
Cassie











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke 14:33 - So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.