Friday, April 19, 2013

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Peace,

    I would like to share with you scripture and I pray that you seek truth from the Holy Spirit. I pray that you read this with an open mind and allow the living word to speak TRUTH to your heart. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


Let me start with this scripture in Luke 17:20,2120And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Jesus was asked," when the kingdom of God should come," He answered, "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation"Jesus went on to tell them, "the kingdom of God is within you."

Where is the Kingdom of God? Jesus said, "the kingdom of God is within you." So if the kingdom of God is within us. Why are people still looking for a physical kingdom to come? Jesus said, " The kingdom of God cometh not with observation."

Let's jump down to Luke 17:22-2522And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.  23And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 

 Jesus is speaking to HIS disciples and says, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it." Jesus went on to explain to them when the Son of man shall be in his day. But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation." 

Jesus said, "But first must I suffer many things and be rejected of this generation" Which generation rejected Jesus? Which generation had Jesus suffer many things? The generation Jesus was speaking of was it our generation? Or was it the generation that was with HIM?


Let's go to the book of John 14:1818I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.


Jesus says to HIS disciples, " I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." Jesus goes on to tell them, "the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." Jesus goes on to tell them, "I am in my father, and ye in me, and I in you."

Jesus is speaking of HIS death. Let's see what He says. In Matthew 16:21 21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Jesus tells his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed"

Let's go on... Matthew 16:24-28 Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their lifef will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.28“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” 

Jesus said, to be HIS disciple we must deny ourselves and take up their cross and follow HIM.  HE also said, " what good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Let's look at verse 28 carefully( bold emphasis mine)... Jesus said, "truly, I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste of death BEFORE they see the Son of Man coming in HIS kingdom."

Now, we have to pray about this and seek truth from the living word and Holy Spirit. Jesus made the above statement 2,000 years ago that some standing with HIM would not taste of death before they see the Son of Man coming in HIS kingdom. Are there people that old living today? Or was Jesus speaking to the generation with HIM at that time?

Jesus told HIS disciples to say this prayer.. "thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"


Let's continue to Jesus' death Matthew 27:51-53 50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 

We see that Jesus had not been laid in the tomb yet but "saints which slept arose, and came out of their graves (emphasis mine) AFTER Jesus' resurrection and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

I pray this gets you thinking, I sure am. I will continue the study when led by the Holy Spirit.
In HIM with love,
Cassie

No comments: