Monday, September 16, 2013

Daily Question And Scriptural Answer

Are we to forgive those who have hurt us? Jesus tells us in the Father's Prayer. Matthew 6:12 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

We have all hurt someone in our lives. When we tell that person we are sorry for hurting them and ask them to forgive us it up to that person to accept our apology or to harbor ill feelings towards us. 

We are to forgive those who hurt us even if they continue to hurt us. Jesus said, Matthew 18:21,22 21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

We are to forgive those who have sinned against. We are to turn the other cheek. I know myself that only through God's grace did I learn how to forgive. I harbored ill feelings which only festered ugliness. When God gave me the grace to set those demons free it was then that I learned to forgive and love as HE taught me. 

Some say forgiveness is a two way street. I myself do not look for people to say they are sorry for hurting me. I am just thankful that I can let go of the pain others have caused me by forgiving them. 

We must try and make things right with those who have come against us. Matthew 5:23,2423 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

If we want God to forgive us our trespasses against HIM. Then we aught to forgive those who have trespassed against us. 

1 John 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Are we better than God that we should not forgive? 

No comments: