Monday, March 25, 2013

Marriage, Divorce, And Re-Marriage

Peace,

  I was led to do a study after reading Jeremiah 3. Father speaks in Jeremiah of HIS marriage and divorce to Israel. 

It says in Jeremiah God was married to the people of Israel. Let's see in scripture where what God said. Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

God took Israel for HIS own let's see how this happened. Ezekiel 16 tells us let's look at these verses. And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the LordGod, and thou becamest mine.Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.

Father states in verse 4 that Israel was not washed in water. In verse 9 Father says, "then washed I thee in water; yea I thoroughly washed away thy blood from thee. In the verses above we see that Israel was given a crown. Verse 12 "And a beautiful crown upon thine head" Israel became a queen, HIS queen.

When did God propose to Israel? Let's look at scripture for the answer. We know that it was a covenant between HIM and Israel. 

Exodus 3:3-6 And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

What did the people of Israel say to God's proposal? Exodus 19:7-9 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.And the Lord said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the Lord.

Verse 8. " And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do."

So, what did Israel do to prepare for their wedding to God? Exodus 19:10-11 10 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.

So the contract between God and HIS people were the ten commandments. 

In Deuteronomy 7 God speaks of why He chose Israel. Deuteronomy 7: The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;10 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Then there was a divorce because Israel did not keep their covenant with God. This brings us to Jeremiah 3:7-15 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord.11 And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

God said to Israel. Verse 14, " Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you; and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion." Verse 20 goes on to say, "20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the Lord.

Verse 8 in Jeremiah 3 God says, "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Let's fast forward in the living word and see why Jesus (God) came. Jesus says, Matthew 15:24 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The lost were Israel. The grafted in were the gentiles. The kingdom of Israel is being restored. Amen!?!?

In HIM with love,
Cassie



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do u always say amen after things written, u place amens where there is no reason for it to be there. You are not a teacher, therefore you should tread carefully what you are putting forth, because it could lead others astray. And some, quite a few of your postings are in error....in Zechariah you spoke of the two witness being two churches, you are way off....You say man doesnt teach you, yet you copy and paste many things from man....

Joan The Baptist said...

Peace Anonymous,
Why do you hide behind anonymous? I place amen in my studies as I am led. I have never said in any of my postings I was a teacher. I put forth what is given to me by the Holy Spirit. What is put forth on this inspired blog is inspired by the Holy Spirit. I am led to tell the lost to REPENT.Amen?!!? I am led to tell of the good news.Amen!?!? I am led to tell the lost to turn from sin and come back to their first love. God. Amen!? I am led to tell of my Savior Jesus. Amen?! If you read the bible then you will see that all that is posted on this blog is what Jesus has told us to tell the lost sheep. Amen?!!? You say I am way off on the two churches. That's your opinion. I ask that you bring it to the LORD. It;s like those who believe in the rapture. It is a lie. Jesus in Matthew 24 was speaking to those in HIS generation. Please seek truth from the Holy Spirit. As far as pasting things from man. When I am led to post something a brother or sister has written and was led by the Holy Spirit and I receive it as such then it will be posted. Again, man does not teach me. Seek the Holy Spirit is what I tell ALL who visit the blog. Please take this to the LORD. HE will show you ALL truth. I say these things so you know that I test the spirits and Father , God shows me truth. In Jesus name, Cassie