Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"I am the good shepherd."



                                                                     ZEB & ABE  


Peace,

   I was led to do a study on the "good shepherd"  Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd." 
In the Fall of 2011 it was placed on my heart to get two sheep. I knew nothing about sheep.  I researched about them and what would be the sheep best for the area we had for them.

 In May 2012 we received our two sheep. They are Southdown baby doll sheep. We purchased two wethered rams their names are Abe and Zeb. When they first arrived they were very scared and would not come near us. 

As time went on and we fed them and sat with them they started to come closer. Then when we would start up the hill to feed them they would run to us. They did not like strangers and would run away from them right away. 

I noticed they also stayed together when they would eat or lay down. They were always close to one another and they would play chasing one another. We took them for walks on leads and they always went in and out the same gate.

 During the Summer we use a lot of diatomaceous earth to help with flies and this also helps with naturally de-worming them. We have been blessed and have not had this issue. The shearer will come in a couple months to shear them of their beautiful wool coats. 

Now onto my study... You will see just as I did how John 10:1-5 came alive for me. 

John 10

King James Version (KJV)
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

This is what I saw with our sheep. It wasn't long before they knew the gate we used and our voices. If another climbed over the gate they would run into their stall. We would let them out  of their coral and they would follow us wherever we went. They knew their names and they knew my husband and my voice. 

Let's go on in John 10 to verses 7-11. Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Like our gate for the sheep, there is only one way of going in and coming out. Just like Jesus says here in verse 7. HE says, "I am the door of the sheep" In verse (8) Jesus goes on to say, that other shepherds had come to HIS sheep but the they did not know it wasn't HIM. In verse (9) Jesus says, "I am the door" there is no other way to enter. If you enter in through the right door (Jesus) no harm shall come unto you. This is because there is only one door. When you find that door (Jesus) you will go in and out and find pasture (freedom). Jesus says in verse (10) The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy. I know the thief for the sheep can by any wild animal. They are very docile and do not protect themselves well. This is what happens to us when we are not under the protection of our good shepherd Jesus. The thief will come in and try to kill, steal or destroy all that we have. I do not mean material things. I am speaking of Spiritual life. Verse (11) Jesus says, " I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Folks, Jesus laid his life down for us, HIS sheep. We must be obedient to HIS voice. We must go through HIM to have eternal life. HE is the only way. HE is the door. Please repent and turn back to Father God. Follow Jesus as HE is the good shepherd. Amen?!

In HIM with love,
Cassie





No comments: