Thursday, May 9, 2013

Study: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Peace,

I am led to do a study and I pray you have eyes to see what the Holy Spirit is speaking. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

Let's start in Luke 22:28-32 28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus is speaking to the twelve apostles, " Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptation."  Jesus was tempted many times while here on earth during HIS ministry. Here is one example. Satan was tempting him in the wilderness. Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Jesus was speaking to the twelve apostles Judas Iscariot was in the room at the time Jesus said, "Ye are they which have continued with me, I appoint you a kingdom, that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes" Pray on this.... Our lives are not our own they belong to Jesus. Yes?!!? So, when Judas took his life do we assume Judas went to hell? 

Jesus speaking to the apostles you have "continued" with me. Did all believers continue with Jesus? Let's look at John 6:66, 67 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Sin drove these believers away from Jesus. We must pray daily for protection in the name of Jesus.

Jesus then continues speaking with the apostles" And I appoint you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Jesus spoke many times of HIS kingdom and how is kingdom was not of this world. Jesus was King of a kingdom but this kingdom was not on earth. "Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will Be Done."

Let's move on to Jesus speaking with Simon (Peter). "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:"  We see here that Jesus prayed for Simon that his faith fail him not. Two things were happening here. Jesus praying, and Simon needed his faith not to fail. Amen?!?

We must pray to the Father for the same thing. That Jesus continues to pray for us (being our advocate) and that our faith does not fail us. 

Let's move on to the last part of that verse. "and when thou are converted, strengthen thy brethren" Once Peter was delivered from the power of Satan Jesus told Peter, " strengthen thy brethren" John 21:1616 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus is speaking of the regeneration. What did John say about this. "children who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:13). Here John specifies that children of God are those who are “born...of God” and our human will (“the will of man”) does not bring about this kind of birth. This birth spoken of is Spiritual. The birth is of the Spirit. Amen?!?!

Jesus said, " ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

In Jesus name with love,
Cassie











No comments: