Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Was Led To Do Another Study; 14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Peace,

Tonight while in prayer I was led to Luke chapter 14.  I knew I was going to revisit a place I had been just the night before. The message has similarities to the wedding feast this however is the great supper.

Please pray to our heavenly Father for wisdom and understanding of HIS message to us.

Let's break this down verse by verse. The title " the parable of the great supper" Jesus prior to speaking the parable of the great supper had spoken a parable to the pharisees and lawyers about humility. Jesus tells the hosts that when they are having a dinner they should invite those who cannot repay in this life.

Let's look at the verses more closely.

Let's see what Jesus states in verse 14 1And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

When was this great supper? Jesus said, "the resurrection of the just" is when they shall be recompensed. 


Verse 16 speaks of a certain man who made a great supper and called many. This man we know to be God. Those HE called were many. The Jews, Greeks and Gentiles.

Verse 17 states God sent HIS servant (Jesus) at supper time to those who were called saying, "Come; for all things are now ready."

Verse 18 shows us that those that were called started making excuses. This is so sad to read. Many who were called will not go to the feast they will make excuses. The people were choosing earthly choices over spiritual ones. Does this sound familiar?

Verse 19,20 The excuses were about daily responsibilities such as jobs, families, and earthly pleasures. 

Verse 21,22 So Jesus came back to HIS Father and showed HIM all things. Then God said," Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind." Jesus brought all these people to HIS Father but there was still room. How sad? Our creator God has blessed us with HIS grace and mercy. HE sent his only begotten son to die on the cross that we may all have eternal life and that not one perish. But what are we doing with this invitation? We are making excuses. We are turning away from God. We are NO shows.

Verse 23 God wants HIS house full. Will you one of the guests? Or will you have some other excuse?

Verse 24 God speaks, " None of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper." Oh my...

Let me add this verse that the still small voice spoke to me. Verse 11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

This study upset me. I see this happening everyday. Many make excuses of why they should not have to walk away from the world. Many are calling themselves good. Many are buying into the deception of the rapture and they deserve it. 

Folks, we must wake up!! 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

In HIM with love,
Cassie



Luke 14:16-24
King James Version (KJV)
16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

No comments: