Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Vine And The Branch

Peace,

  Let's read this scripture in John. John 15:5 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 

Yahushua/Jesus speaks, "I AM THE VINE, YE ARE THE BRANCHES:" We know that a branch without a vine will not live. The vine gives life to the branch. The branch bears  fruit in due time BUT the vine gives the branch nourishment to be able to do this. 

This my dear friends, is how we should be seeing ourselves in our relationship with Yahushua/Jesus. HE is the vine that strengthens us, the branch. There is nothing the branch can do without the vine feeding it. Amen?!?!

The branch that bears fruit cannot be separate from the vine. The fruit will die and so will the branch. So, what are we seeing here? Who is doing the work in the branch/us? Yahushua/Jesus. If we do not allow HIM to feed us through the Holy Spirit then we cannot survive. The branch cannot survive off the vine. 

When we bear fruit it should not take us away from the vine BUT we should look to the vine for strength and nourishment. 

I was led today to write about the vine and the branch. I am so discouraged of late witnessing branches trying to exist off the vine. They are trying to bear fruit with false doctrines and fear. The fruit is not bearing more fruit but instead it is dying. 

We must stay connected to the vine if we are to grow and bear  fruit that will multiply. The branch is to grow on the vine. 

I am discouraged of late reading of date setting for the return of Yahushua/Jesus. Folks, the bible is VERY specific about the return of Yahushua/Jesus and NO ONE knows not even Christ when HE will return. So, what makes many THINK they know?? What makes many feel they are qualified to give the date of HIS return? Is this because they have left the true vine and are trying to reestablish their own vine? Yes, my dear friends I believe this to be so. 

The branch we must remember is of no use unless it is receiving nourishment from the true vine.

In HIS redeeming love,
Cassie