Tuesday, September 11, 2012

For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

Peace,


Below I will be sharing scripture on an important topic. We can read the bible many times and then one time we come across a verse that we read and see it differently. Amen.

Please bring this in prayer to our heavenly Father. Please read it with an open mind and heart.

Jeremiah 7:(22) For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: (23) But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Jeremiah is telling Israel God never commanded burnt offerings or sacrifices. HE said, "I command them to obey my voice, and walk ye in my ways that I have commanded you."

The only sacrifice was on Passover. God does not mention the other sacrifices because they were not required of under the OT.  God wanted Israel to keep his statutes, judgments and  the ten commandments.

The sacrifices and burnt offerings were not mentioned in the NT because they were not required in the OT.

Should the Passover be observed today?

In HIM with love,
Cassie
 

No comments: