Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Story I Am Led To Share

Peace,

I have been led to share this story with you for sometime now. Today I was reminded again to share the story after I listened to the song. "Through My Father's Eyes." I have it posted above.  May the Holy Spirit guide you in all truth. In Jesus name. Amen.

It was about eight years ago when I was asked to go on a retreat for women by my church. This was before I was called out of the church by our heavenly Father. 

The retreat was called Cursillo.  Cursillos in Christianity is a movement within the church that, through a method of its own tries to, and through God's grace manages to; enable the essential realities of the Christian to come to life in the uniqueness, originality, and creativity of each person.  In becoming aware of their potential and while accepting their limitations they exercise their freedom by their conviction, strengthen their will with their decision, to propitiate friendship in virtue of their constancy in both their personal and community life. 

While at the retreat we learned a song called De Colores. The lyrics below.
  In colors, in colorsThe fields are dressed in the spring.
     In colors, in colors
Are the little birds that come from outside.
     In colors, in colors
Is the rainbow that we see shining.

     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors
     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors.

     In colors, in colors
Brilliant and delicate is dressed the dawn.
     In colors, in colors
Are the thousand gleams the sun treasures.
     In colors, in colors
Is dressed the diamond we see shining.

     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors.
     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors.

The rooster sings, the rooster sings
With a cock-a-doodle, cock-a-doodle-doo.
     The hen, the hen
With a cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck.
     The chicks, the chicks
With a cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep.

     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors.
     And that is why I love
The great loves of many colors.

     Joyous, joyous
Let us live in grace since we can.
     Let us quench, let us quench
The burning thirst of the King who does not die.
     Joyous, joyous
Let us bring to Christ a soul and thousand more.

     Spreading the light that illuminates
The divine grace from the great ideal.
     Spreading the light that illuminates
The divine grace from the great ideal.


The retreat involved different personal building tools that allowed each individual to express themselves. The women came from all walks of life. We were given time to be silent and to pray. We were given time to fellowship and open up to others about our lives. We worked in individual groups  on projects that would allow each woman to add their unique gift to the task at hand. We received letters and cards daily from people in our lives who would give us words of encouragement or an expression of their love and support.

On the second day the individual groups would be led into the chapel and stand around the altar. We were handed a cross with Jesus on it. When the cross was passed to you then you would pray and ask God to help you and to forgive you. This task was hard for me as I knew Jesus was no longer on the cross. Before I went to  Cursillo the Holy Spirit had been working in me for sometime, many things I was taught in the Roman Catholic church were not adding up for me. Anyway, I took the cross and expressed my deepest sadness. This is when everything changed for me. I saw things differently and I will explain this as I go on.

There were leaders who would give their testimonies and confessions if you will. I remember two men in particular, one was a priest who had a difficult childhood and seemed very sad to me. The other gentleman was one who reminded me of the character "the scarecrow" in the movie The Wizard Of Oz. Now I do not watch this movie. However, I watched it before I was saved. This man was loving and caring and reached out to all of us. I remember him most. 

Fast forward... The last night arrived and guest came to the retreat and some of the husbands who had done Cursillo for men. Before the ceremony began a woman asked to speak to me. She was going through some trying times and her burdens were heavy. I listened and then spoke to her words that did not come from me. She said, "I feel I was looking at you but I saw God's eyes."  I hugged her and we went to take our seats.

As the ceremony began not one of us knew what we would be asked to do or what the ceremony would be about. As the first woman's name was called she was told to come to the front of the room and speak of what the retreat meant to her. 

My name was called and I started off by thanking all the leaders and volunteers. Then I looked out at all the women in front of me. I started to weep. I couldn't speak for a few seconds because of what I was seeing. I took a deep breath and said. Your not going to believe me when I tell you this but I am going to say it anyways. YOU ALL LOOK ALIKE!! I started to cry. I told them again. NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU ALL LOOK ALIKE!  I didn't understand what that woman meant when she said she felt as if she was seeing God's eyes when she spoke to me. Then I saw all of the women in front of me and they ALL looked the same. 

I will let you pray on this and seek the Holy Spirit for truth. I do not want to tell you what this means. I pray you are given answers. 

In Jesus name with love,
Cassie


No comments: