Monday, October 28, 2013

Study: Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

Peace,

I was reading from Jeremiah and would like to share with you the verses placed on my heart. I pray the Holy Spirit reveals all truth to you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Jeremiah 23:1-4 23 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

This summer a brother in Christ asked me to go to a service at his church. I prayed about this for sometime and was not led to go. I wasn't surprised as I have been to different churches since being called out of the Roman Catholic church and I still hear the same thing when I enter into a church building.

 Is there any such church that can teach the way Jesus and His apostles taught? The apostles had rabboni (Great Master)Jesus.  John 20:1616 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. . And Jesus had the Father. John 5:1919 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

So, I started to pray and asked the Holy Spirit to reveal to me answers in the scriptures. Let's look at Jeremiah. The LORD said, "Woe unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!"  

Why are their so many scattered sheep? Why are the sheep wandering and hungry?Shepherds are smitten. Mark 14:2727 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. Jesus said, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

 Zechariah 13:7Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. Shepherds who slumber

 Ezekiel 34:2-8 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
As I live, saith the Lord God, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock; Shepherds who are selfish. 

Where are the true shepherds? Where are those shepherds who put their flock before themselves? It was not long after I was called out of the church. I remember writing to the head pastor after I left and telling him that he was leading his flock astray and that the blood was now on his hands. I told him he was not feeding his sheep.

All throughout the bible we read about the shepherd and the sheep. I know my sheep look to me to supply them with food and water. They look to me for protection and direction. I watch for predators and protect my sheep. I do this because I am their shepherd. They hear my voice and they follow me. This is because they know me and trust me.

Are shepherds of the church doing this today? This blog was inspired by the Holy Spirit. I was asked, "WILL YOU FEED MY SHEEP"  I am obedient to my Father and His sheep I will feed. 

Jesus is my true shepherd. I follow Him. I hear His voice and know it. 

In Jesus name with love,
Cassie

















No comments: