Monday, July 15, 2013

Speak To The Lost With Love In Your Heart

Peace,

   I would like to share with you something that has been on my heart and heavy at times. Please seek the Holy Spirit in Jesus name. Amen.

When I started this blog it was with the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I heard, "feed my children" I searched the bible and wanted to make sure I was hearing correctly. As you know from scripture when Jesus was speaking to Peter He asked Peter to, "feed His sheep". Let's look. 

Jesus said to Peter, John 21:17 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

I knew then that I was to feed to the children of God the words spoken in the bible and the words uttered to me by the Holy Spirit.  So, I let the Holy Spirit guide me and I write when and what I am led to. 

My heart is heavy in regards to how we tell people about Jesus. How do we feed His children? Do we yell at them? No. Do we judge them? No. Do we tell them what they want to hear? No. I say this as I am watching many thinking they are helping the lost but they are in my eyes condemning them. The bible says to speak to them of love and truth. Jesus is love and because of His love  He died for my sins and yours. Amen!? The truth is that if Jesus had not died then we would die in our sins and the grave would be our everlasting home. 

When I think of how Jesus would want me to tell someone about Him the first thing I would say is, Jesus loves ALL His children but hates the sins His children commit. I would tell them that Jesus laid down His life for ALL so that ALL may have eternal life. I would tell them that Jesus wants ALL to turn from the sin of their heart and mind and to obey God's commands. I would tell them to stop worshiping self and to worship the one true God. I would also tell them that Jesus gives free will to ALL but with that free will there is a consequence, to choose sin is death to choose Jesus is life. I would tell them that because Jesus died and rose again from the dead that He conquered death so when we die once (physical) we will not suffer a second death which is eternal. I would continue telling them to be born again which means to repent (turn from  sin) and believe in the living God who is the living Word which became Flesh to dwell among us this is Jesus. I would tell them Jesus is the truth the way and the life. 

His message is truly simple folks. Love Him above ALL else and love thy neighbor as thyself. To testify of Jesus is to tell ALL the good news. By grace we are saved and not by anything we can do or have done to earn it. Jesus is our redeemer. He is our salvation. There is no other way. This is what I would tell the lost. I would tell them in love.

I am a sinner who has repented of my sins. I am/ we are forgiven because Jesus shed His blood for me and for you. Thank you Jesus.

In Jesus name with love,
Cassie


No comments: