Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dressed For Battle

Peace,

Are you dressed for the battle??? Ephesians 6:10-18

Dear Father,

 Today I put on the helmet of salvation. Please protect my mind from attacks by the ENEMY, and give me sound thinking. 

I  put on the breastplate of righteousness. Guard my heart and emotions from assault. And let me be governed, not by my emotions, rather by the TRUTH of Your Word.

I strap on the belt of truth. Wrap Your Word around me- around the very core of my being. Protect me from error by keeping me in Your TRUTH.

I step into the sandals of peace. Use me to take Your peace and Your hope into the world today, and let me stand firm in the face of any attack by the ENEMY. By anchoring me in Your Word, enable me to keep my footing. 

I take up the shield of faith. Let the attack of the world, the flesh, and the devil fall flat against this defensive gear.

Finally, I take up the sword of Yah/God, Your Word. Put Your TRUTH in my heart and mind in a fresh way so that it is able to pierce the hearts and minds of those I encounter.




No comments: