Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Meeting

Peace,

I met a man today while out walking. I asked him if he wanted to meet a dear friend of mine. At first he was reluctant to stop and said he was in a hurry to get home. I asked him if he could just give me a couple moments of his time as I truly wanted to share with him. 
my dear friend. 

I introduced myself and he did likewise then he said I am confused, you want me to meet your dear friend but there is no one here. I said, oh but he is here he is right here. The man started to look around and looked back at me and said ma'am I am sorry but I must be going. No, please let me just introduce you to my dear friend. 

This is my dear friend Jesus. Do you know him? "Nope can't say that I do." Oh, but you will never have a better friend, trust me, let me tell you why. The man said "maybe another day", I said there may not be another day. Please let me tell you about my dear friend. 

You see my dear friend Jesus lived to the age of thirty three. He was crucified on a tree after being beat, spit on and having the hairs of his beard pulled out. He had a crown of thorns put on his head. The man looked at me and said, "why?" 

Well, you see. My dear friend Jesus came to save the world and those that didn't believe in him would mock him and try to kill him. Why did he have to come save the world? Good question I replied. 

It's like this. When you break the law you are arrested and given a hearing to see if you were guilty or not of breaking that law. The police arrest you bring you to the court and the judge decides what your punishment will be for breaking that law.

When one breaks the law it's what we call sinning. But we won't be judged in a court house on earth but we will be judged in heaven in front of God. That's where my dear friend Jesus comes in.

You see they killed Jesus because he told them they were breaking the law and that he was the only one that could save them. They didn't want to believe him so they killed him. 

They crucified him and then buried him. But he rose again and lives today in heaven. When he died his blood was shed for all mankind. Jesus paid our debt for our sins through his death on the cross. My dear friend goes before God in our place. 

The man said, So your telling me that if I get to know Jesus and ask him to forgive me of my sins, he will? Yes, if you truly are sorry for your sins and repent. Repent, what is that? It is when we turn back to God and stop living in sin. We will not always do right but we can change. Jesus can help; all you have to do is ask him.

So when I die and go to heaven will Jesus be there? Yes, he will. Be sure to thank him. He paid your debt so you can be free, it's called grace. "Grace?" Yes. "How do I get grace?" It's not by anything you can do.  Jesus is the only way. Grace is a free gift. 

I would like to meet your friend Jesus. When? Today. How do I meet him? Just introduce yourself to him. He is always listening.  

Have you told someone about Jesus today?

In Jesus with love,
Cassie






No comments: